JAY Z done did it AGAIN


WHOOP WHOOP!!! Nobody is as excited as I am today, but then yeah I've been expecting this one ever since I got my copy of Blueprint 3. Even though Jay's latest album leaked out 2 weeks before its official release date, the mogul stilll managed to DEBUT NUMBER ONE on the billboard charts for the best selling album of the week. Based on preliminary sales numbers from Nielsen SoundScan, Jay-Z's "The Blueprint 3" shifted 476,000 copies in the week that ended at the close of business on Sunday (Sept. 13) night.

Jay-Z's No. 1 achievement with "Blueprint 3" will push him ahead of Elvis Presley as the solo act with the most No. 1 albums in the more-than 50-year history of the Billboard 200. And Jay will now have the second-most No. 1 albums among all acts. Fittingly, only the Beatles, with 19 No. 1s, have more.

Jay addresses this issue on his album. On a song featuring Rihanna, called Riminder. He says, and I quote:
"10 number 1 albums in a row,
who better than me?
only the Beatles nobody ahead of me,
I crush Elvis in his blue suede shoes,
Made the rolling stones seem sweet as coolaid 2,
96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2001 and beyond,
02, 03, 04, 05, 06 and 7, 08, 09
back to back double plat,
i did what you want,
men lie women lie, numbers don’t..."

Damn, those are some hardcore lines right thurrr, JAY IS LEGEND...STUNDARD!!

1 comment:

  1. H.O.V.A!!! He Is The KIng....F*** What You Heard It's What You You're Hearing. Pure DOPE-NESS!!!!

    ReplyDelete