IS THIS THE GREATEST SA TAG TEAM??





We all know of some beef that hip hop heads and house music fans have against each others' music tastes. For example, my dear friends, Siz and Scoop are real house music haters... let it be known that these two gentlemen, hate house music with a passion. LMAO!!!! I'm not going to promise anyone that Siz and Scoop will start listening to house music very soon, but somewhere in this world, somehow... things are really starting to change.

First I heard that Amerido track by Dj Cindo ft Chilli M. The lyrics of the song is taken from the new L-tido track. To be real honest with ya'll, it was the first time in my entire music run life, that I heard a house track with the word "SWAGGER" in it. I'm totally loving the single though... and between this track and the L-tido one... uhm, I won't say which one is better cos' I definitely can't pull an AKA type of diss track.

Then I heard a song featuring Slikour by Big Nuz if I ain't mistaken. It's a full house track and slikour has a verse there. I don't know if I should say that he was trying to sing, or rapping... but I'm definitley sure that he contributed to the club-banger. But Slikour ain't the only emcee collaborating with house djs. TearGas also collaborated with a house dj in their new album, Dark Or Blue. That might just be one of the best songs I've from them in a while. Now Imma give them another chance.




After all these events and iesh, I hear something that really got me to write this article. The F.Eu event happened last night in Vacc Matta and I hear it was ROCKASS!!!! The host, Dj Fresh, and partner Franky, surprised the crowd, and played a HIP HOP SET!! Okay, this needs a rewind... HOUSE DJs FRESH AND FRANKY PLAYED A HIP HOP SET!!!! Ya best believe peeps. It is times like this were I wished I was really there. I've heard Lulo Cafe play hip hop music, but I can't recall Fresh playing hip hop. On his radio show yeah... but in a club??


It sure seems like hip hop and house music are really on the verge of signing a treaty.
It might not be now, nor next year, but House Music and Hip Hop are slowly but surely coming together to make wonders to the entertainment industry. This might just be one hell of a tag team... I definitely want it to happen in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment